Friday, December 22, 2006

People Powered Film Financing

Are you all familiar with the work of Robert Greenwald? He's the indie filmmaker who raised $267,000 from 4 emails in 9 days for his movie "Iraq For Sale".

There was a great article in the Washington Post about how he did it and I was so inspired by it that I thought I'd share it with all of you.

Many of you are out there trying to raise money for your films through various types of investors, but I urge you to also think about this new style of people-powered financing.Especially if you have a niche product, or your film can be tied in with any type of affinity group (Christians,skateboarders, you name it!).

So have a look at this fascinating article and let me know if you think this isn't the wave of the future for film financing...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/18/AR2006081800210_pf.html

Enjoy!

Warmest,
Stacey

PS: There's still a few days left on the extended 15% off sale for my Film Financing Secrets consulting package. I'll help you get a business plan together with realistic sales projections so you know just how much to go and raise from your community. Secure your space here:
http://www.film-financing-secrets.com/special-offer.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home