Saturday, November 18, 2006

AFM Feedback...

Remember last week when I asked for any AFM success stories
out there?

Well I was overwhelmed with responses!

Here's three I thought I'd share with you - hopefully you
all can get something out of them...


From Glenn H. :

While I don't know how beneficial the market would be for
someone looking for funding for a new project, it was very
beneficial for us (with one fully funded in post right now).
While we were not prepared to show a screener, we were able
to make a high level sales pitch that went very well in most
cases. I was surprised at how receptive the distributors
were to meeting with us.We e-mailed, mailed and faxed about
60 companies prior to the meeting to set up meetings for
later in the week (after the buyers had made their rounds
for the most part) then went in for a quick "meet and greet"
with them while there. I was very happy with the response we
received from the companies we spoke with. AFM proved an
invaluable opportunity to get face-time with these companies,
so that when we complete post and send in our screeners, we
already have a relationship.


From Tiffany G.:

This year AFM was my first time attending it. I had a booth
on the second floor, selling only one feature film,
"Deceitfully Funny", a romantic comedy and promoting two
development projects. I didn't expect any success out of it
because I knew my low budget feature with no name actors was
hard to sell. Plus, my development projects were a no deal
either since presale seems to be a nonexistence. However,
one of my development projects was a big hit of interest
from a lot of companies if it were to be shot and done.
Even though I didn't have any deals, I've learned a lot about
the demand of the market. I would love to learn more how
other filmmakers get their development projects financed and
distributed.


From Linda N. :

I had over fifty meetings and handed out our beautiful
little marketing brochure (a catalogue of our six films with
lots of info's and a DVD of all the trailers). The
response was terrific and at least half promised to review
the trailers, requested screeners and get back to us within
two weeks following the market. Now I have to followup with
everyone and we'll see how we did. We also gave out a
development package for four new films to about twenty
people and we're really excited to see what happens with
that. The development package consisted of a DVD Demo
Reel for our director and a synopsis of each film. Several
people have already requested to see the scripts. It was an
amazing experience and the best way to understand how the
market works. We learned sooooo much. I'll keep you posted.


So hopefully these will inspire you to get your project
together for AFM next year, or else just get down there and
check it out for yourself.

In the mean time, I have my AFM Top 10 Buyers list for you
if you have projects that are ready to submit to worldwide
distributors. The Top 10 Buyers list includes email addresses
for acquisitions contacts, so you can submit your projects
directly to them. The package also includes my ANATOMY OF A
DISTRIBUTION AGREEMENT report which will guide you in asking
for all the right things once you get an offer from a
distributor. All for only $30!

You can get your copy here now!
http://film-distribution-tips.com/t/6973427/584635/168292592/


Best of luck with everything!

Regards,
Stacey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home